Tuesday 14 November 2006

Africa is Speaking (Blogging)

Today I officially became a blogger. Why you may ask? I guess the same reason millions of pther blogger are out there, to earn a living, for amusement, to tackle an issue, to be heard.

Yes TO BE HEARD

Why else, if I go to the streets of Africa with a megaphone and shout will I be heard, Yes, but will I be HEARD No. They'll hear the noise, they throw things at me, some will even listen. But all in all what I speak falls on deaf ears. Thats the power of blogging I will be heard. People will feel what I say , they'll forward it to their friends. They'll come back for more (hopefully).

I went on to Global voices today and I see that, Africa is speaking and the world is listening.

To all my fellow bloggers out there. Keep blogging

2 comments:

Andy Hadfield said...

and SPEAK it shall! Howsit mate... I'm looking at starting a similar type of idea (funnily enough, we both came up with the name Africa 2.0...)

:)

Mine at the moment is more an experiment with Social Media - but I'd digg to expand it into something else... Go have a look at:

http://africatwo.googlepages.com

and let me know if you think there's any scope to work together?

Andy Hadfield said...

Sorry, linked ref:

Africa 2.0